Fresh dill and lemon come together in this easy recipe for Baked Lemon Dill Salmon. This salmon dish will quickly become a favorite for an easy and impressive weeknight dinner!
Nowruz – or Persian New Year – is fast approaching! In fact, here’s a nifty countdown clock so you can find out the exact day and time in your neck of the woods – and even though I don’t think this site has updated their design in about 17 years I still love it! It is a time of change, rebirth and fresh starts. Personally, I’m more in the ‘mood’ for resolutions at this time of year than in the middle of winter. My food-related resolution for this year is to introduce more variety and protein into my regular rotation. I love lentils but I shouldn’t only love lentils! And so in the spirit of Norouz, a time when fish is a key element of of the meal, I’m making you my favorite super easy fish dish – Baked Lemon Dill Salmon! 🙂
The scents of fresh dill and hyacinth (sonbol in Farsi) to me are synonymous with springtime. And if you’ve never used fresh dill before, I urge you to try it – it’s so refreshing and bright. You could use dried dill as well, but trust me it is worth it to get a couple bunches of feathery fresh dill! You’ll be sniffing it all day long wondering how else you can use it (no worries, I’ll be giving you more ideas later this month). Back to the salmon – the tangy lemon and fresh dill flavors marry to balance out the rich salmon and bring it to life. This dish is light, fresh and best of all easy to prepare and clean! No frying pan mess.
Get the best quality salmon you can – you really get what you pay for with fish. Because the beauty of this dish lies in its simplicity – take the time to care for the ingredients and arrange them thoughtfully. You can place any extra dill and lemon slices on the serving platter and they create beautiful springy colors! Stay tuned for an extra special recipe next week – a lot more herbs are coming your way! 🙂
- Serves: 2
- Serving size: 1 fillet
- Calories: 354
- Fat: 19
- Carbohydrates: 4
- Sugar: 1
- Sodium: 685
- Protein: 34
- 2 6-8 ounce salmon fillets (organic, wild if you can find it!)
- 1 bunch fresh dill, washed and patted dry
- 2 lemons
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Juice one of the lemons into a small bowl and set aside. Cut the remaining lemon into rounds about ¼ inch thick.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place the fillets on it skin side down.
- Pour the lemon juice over the fillets and then season them with salt and pepper.
- Drape the fillets with the sprigs of fresh dill - be generous as you really want to cover the salmon with the dill so the flavor soaks in.
- Top with lemon wedges.
- Bake the salmon for about 20 minutes until the salmon is fully cooked.
- Remove from the oven and serve!
Want to stay connected & up to date with Ahu Eats? Don’t forget to follow on Facebook, Instagram, & Pinterest!