Spring is around the corner (Norouz is coming!)… so we’re channeling thoughts of all things light, fresh and ready to celebrate the influx of amazing produce about to hit our markets! Here is a roundup of the spring recipes I can’t wait to make as the days get longer and the sun a little brighter.
1. Nothing says warm weather like sitting outside to demolish some fresh guacamole and chips. Even if the weather really isn’t warm enough yet and you’re freezing and munching, this guac will keep you warm.
2. Dill is up there in the Top 3 of Freshest Scents Ever… this light salad from The Kitchn with snap peas, radishes and dill dressing looks like the perfect spring salad!
3. From the uber-talented David of Cocoa & Lavender – not only does he skillfully prepare these gorgeous globe artichokes, he grows them too! Served with saffron mayo? I’m hopping on the next flight to Arizona!
4. Asparagus, one of the most ephemeral but delicious spring vegetables. Roasted simply with oil and vinegar to maintain their integrity.
5. Are you noticing the very green trend here? Good, because it’s only going to continue! I marveled at Sanam from My Persian Kitchen’s very creative play on a traditional kuku sabzi. She makes this gorgeous version with the wispy leaves from celery stalks. What a great way to use an often-discarded ingredient!
6. On to the sweets – consistently the most popular recipe on Ahu Eats, these light, bright and zesty Lemon Poppyseed Cookies. They pretty much scream spring in a bite!
7. Now for one of my favorite, and most beautiful vegetables (yes, it’s a vegetable!) – rhubarb! This tart from Epicurious showcases the beauty of the rhubarb by using cross sections. Side note: Anybody who grew up listening to Prairie Home Companion, I hope you’re all humming the Rhubarb Pie song like I am!
8. Floral and fruity lemonade infused with rosewater. Go ahead, add some prosecco if it’s after 11am!
9. And no list would be complete without a proper cocktail, especially a British one! So here I leave you with a twist on my favorite spring cocktail, the Pimms Cup from The Kitchn.
What are you excited to make and try this spring?