Quinoa Tabbouleh - adapted from Epicurious
1 cup dry quinoa, rinsed well
1 bunch parsley, chopped
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
3 scallions, finely chopped
3 Persian cucumbers, quartered and diced
1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil
Juice of two limes
1 clove of garlic, minced
Salt & Pepper
1. Combine the dry quinoa with 1 1/3 cup of water and 1 teaspoon of salt in a small pot. Bring the quinoa to a boil over medium heat. Once the quinoa starts to boil, cover it and simmer it for another 10 minutes (until the quinoa is soft).
2. Remove the quinoa from the heat and let it sit for 5 minutes. Then, spread it out onto a baking sheet with a fork - this helps fluff it up and cool it down quickly.
3. Combine the garlic, olive oil and lime juice in a bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Add the cooled down quinoa to a large bowl and toss with the dressing.
5. Add all the herbs and vegetables to the quinoa and toss. Adjust seasoning as needed. Enjoy immediately or later on when all the flavors have really melded!